All pre enrollments must be completed through Universitaly:
Appointments for a visa can be requested only upon confirmation of the admission to the entrance exam at an Italian University.
- Visa Appliction form duly filled in and signed. For short stay visas up to 90 days please download and fill in Schengen Visa application form. For long stay visas beyond 90 days please download and fill in Long term application form;
- Recent passport-style photo (3,5 cm x 4,5 cm or 1”3/8 x 1”3/4, full front and white background);
- Passport or travel document valid at least three months over the planned stay in Italy and a photocopy of relevant pages;
- Current student ID and a copy. In the case of non U.S. citizens you need to have the U.S. Alien Registration Card, or F1 Visa and updated I-20 and a copy. Copy of State driver’s license, State ID, State Income tax or last 3 months utility bills;
- Round trip flight reservation;
- Copy of declaration of value (dichiarazione di valore), if applicable, issued by the School Office of the Italian Consulate/Embassy having jurisdiction over the University/School that issued the certificate; for any information on the declaration of value and whenever required or necessary, please visit the declarations of value‘s section;
- Declaration of the availability in Italy of appropriate lodgings. In case the applicant will be staying with friends/family, a letter of invitation is required along with a copy of the host’s ID (“Permit of stay” for non-European Union citizens);
- Proof of financial means of support in Italy of no less than 442,30 Euro monthly (aproximatively 600 USD) The availability can be proven through:
– Bank letter showing the details of the personal bank account of the student;
– Bank letter showing the details of a joint bank account in the name of both the student and his/her family;
– an official letter from the Financial Aid Advisor, stating the amount granted for that semester and the date of disbursement;
- Certificate/Policy for International health insurance for medical expenses including COVID related expenses. The coverage must include medical expenses, hospitalization and repatriation with a MINIMUM coverage of 30,000 Euro (and not as a limit of expenses) during your entire stay. If your current insurance company does not provide such coverage, you are requested to purchase another insurance which meets the above requirements.
All documents listed in 6, 7 and 9 must be presented both in original and in copy.