This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Register the birth certificate of a minor


Register the birth certificate of a minor

In order to transcribe a birth occurred in the territorial jurisdiction of this Consulate General - Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont, the following documents must be provided to this Office:

  • Certified copy of the birth certificate (long form);
  • Apostille from the Secretary of State to be attached to the certified copy of the birth certificate;
  • Translation in Italian language of the birth certificate;
    • If a translator is used, the translator's signature needs to be notarized and Apostilled;
    • Otherwise please translate the certificate and forward it to to make sure that it is correct;
  • Form to request the registration of the birth certificate duly filled out and signed.

Please note: the above documentation will need to be sent by mail:

Consolato Generale d'Italia
Ufficio Stato Civile
600 Atlantic Avenue 17th floor
Boston, MA 02210-2206

Please speficy a phone number so we may contact you.